Election day is right around the corner—do you know where your polling place is?
This quick guide should help point you in the right direction before you cast your votes on Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2010.
Am I registered to vote in Illinois?
>> Enter your name and zip code here. If you’re registered, it will also give you your polling place location.
Where is my polling place?
>> Enter your name and zip code here, and it will tell you where to vote. If you’ve moved since the last election, make sure you check to see where your new polling place is before you go—your vote won’t count if you vote in the wrong precinct.
What time are the polls open in Illinois?
>> 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Do I need an I.D. to vote in Illinois?
>> No. You do not need ID to vote on November 2.
Do I need to bring my voter ID card from the Illinois Board of Elections?
Who should I vote for?
>> That is, of course, entirely up to you. While the BGA does not endorse candidates for public office, we can recommend a great tool to help you decide:
- Vote411.org — Our friends at the Illinois League of Women Voters put together a comprehensive voter guide. Enter your street address, and it automatically gives you a list of who’s running in your neighborhood, and even lets you do side-by-side comparisons of the candidates’ platforms on the issues. Pretty neat, right?
How do I know which judges to vote for in Illinois?
- For voters inside Cook County: Our friends at the Chicago Council of Lawyers have compiled their statewide judicial rankings.
- For voters outside Cook County: Visit the Illinois State Bar Association’s page to see their judicial rankings for the November 2 elections by county.
I want to talk to a real person—are there telephone help lines I can call?
- Voter help line (English): 312.603.0906
- Voter help line (Spanish): 312.603.6767
- Voter help line (Chinese): 312.603.6769
- Voter help line (Polish): 312.603.6770
- Help line for voters with disabilities: 312.603.0929
- TDD (for voters with hearing disabilities): 312.603.0902
- Legal hot line: 312.603.0236
If there are resources we missed, please add them as a comment.